Google+ Nail Polish Addiction: Fuschia & Holo

Pages

Friday, August 02, 2013

Fuschia & Holo

♥♥♥

Before I get to my nails I'd like to talk about something quite different.
I absolutely LOVE to cook, and play with new and more difficult recipes, including amerecian ones (most of the time I don't have all the ingredients and I have to make it myself). A while back I saw a recipe that required a mixer, it was a cappuccino I think, and being the coffee lover that I am I just had to do it. I saw it required a mixer, I used to have one of the portable ones, but it was old, and it has been broken for years... Today me and my mom were looking a website with a ton of different things, awesome things, not to mentions a lot of sales. We both LOVE kitchen related things, and we needed new containers to put our kitchen things (sugar, flour, rice, food coloring, etc...) in, and I also wanted a box to put the polishes I ALWAYS keep outside my helmer, various top coats and base coats, cuticle oils and acetone, and I wanted a second box, a big one, to put Nahla's toys in, so the house would be less messy. I was looking through it and I found out they actually had some kitchen appliances and others in their website. I saw a "Mixer" section, I immediately opened it and told my mom I needed one, she simply looked at me and said: "I have one." JUST LIKE THAT! I have told her before, and just now she shows it to me. I had a good laugh, she sowed it to me, and now I have a new toy lol I made some hot cocoa and used it to mix it all, I only heated the milk, I put the rest when I was about to use the mixer. I have NEVER had a hot cocoa that tasted that good, and it was SO creamy. I'M NEVER LETTING IT GO ♥
Ignore my enthusiasm, I'm just really into cooking :)
Now to my nails. Rio's weather has been kinda crazy lately. It's winter, but the days are super sunny and VERY VERY hot, but when the sun starts to set it gets really cold, the temperature drops out of nowhere. Because it's so sunny during the day I've been enjoying wearing holos. I started with Stance, a gorgeous "fuschia violet", as described on the Illamasqua website. I'm really glad they have the description cause I wouldn't know how to call it, and I was about to call it a purple lol
Stance's formula was fantastic, like all my other Illamasquas. About Hefest, I recently found out, after applying a bit too much on my nails, that you need to apply just a little bit, barely nothing, otherwise it will be way to silvery.
Stance is not very bright, is more on the dark side, so to me it's great for winter, a Brazilian winter anyways hahah But because it's so damn sunny during the day I had to put Hefesto on.
*Last three pictures are under the sun!*






Stance is super bight when it's under the sun! :)




POST FAQ:
Polishes Used:
Illamasqua Stance - 2 coats
HITS Hefesto - 1 coat
Base Coat and Top Coat:
Base Coat: Sally Hansen NailGrowth Miracle
Top Coat: Icing Diamond Shield


*Artificial light, if not I’ll let you know.*